Facial Contouring / Jaw reduction
- The lower face looks full and squarish with a bulky masseter, a chewing muscle.
- Personal habits like excessive chewing of gums, chewing hard items or food can lead to enlarge masseter muscle.
- Botox helps by reducing the mass of the muscle and improve the width of jawline by changing an overly square jawline to a more attractive oval or V shape face.
- Botox temporary weakens the masseter muscle over time and reducing the overall size of the muscle.
- Usually its pain and bruises free.
- Can be done during lunch hour as its a quick procedure and patient can return to the office immediately after.
- Patient will experience weakening of the masseter muscle around 1 week and softening of jawline at 6 weeks.
- Average dosage of 20 units per side is needed for most patients, however it also varies depends on the size of the muscle.
- The effects of Botox can last up to 3-4 months after the initial treatment.
- Future treatment sessions will be needed once in every 6 months after few treatments.
- Usually patient will need a follow up at 2 weeks to review the progression.