Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
In Treatment for Hair Loss
- It is a natural, simple, safe and non invasive alternate treatment for restoring hair loss or thinning of hairs for both males and females.
- Its a promising procedure, however it is not a replacement for the FDA approved therapies such as minoxidil or DHT blocker.
How Does PRP Aids In Restoring Hair Loss?
- PRP consist of essential growth factors which helps in tissue regeneration and power of healing.
- It can also use in adjunct or combination with hair implant or transplant procedures.
How Is PRP Perform?
- About 8cc of blood is withdrawn from patient, similar to how a routine blood taking in clinic settings.
- Blood is then spun in a centrifuge and PRP will get separated from the rest of the blood.
- The highly concentrated PRP is then injected either directly into the scalp or by dermaroller and applied topically.
- PRP contains active growth factor which promotes the hair follicle's growth.
- A course of treatment consist of 4 appointments.
- Treatment of 1 month apart.
- Maintenance of every 6-12 months once.
What's the Advantage of PRP?
|Tube to centrifuge|
- Safe (as treatment using patient's own blood)
- Quick procedure (takes about 30-60 mins)
- Non surgical procedure
- Quick recovery with natural result
- Minimal discomfort
- There is incomplete clinical trial and medical data has yet to publish to determine the effectiveness of hair restoration.
- Hence PRP is not a cure for hair loss restoration and no guarantee is to be made for individual effectiveness.
Can I Use Other Medical Therapies Concurrently?
- Yes. As an alternative for patients who are not suitable for hair surgery.
- Can use alongside with minoxidil and DHT blockers.