Permanent Hair Removal Using Laser
- Laser is an alternative choice for permanent hair removal besides waxing, shaving or threading.
- As we all know waxing, shaving and threading may worsen the hair coarseness and increase the chances of having 2 or more hair strands in a single hair follicle.
- It is the most common and popular cosmetic therapy done in Malaysia.
- Pigments in the hair follicles will absorb the highly concentrated light produced by laser, thereby destroying it.
The Benefits of Laser on Hair Removal
- It is suitable and safe for all skin phototypes.
- The surrounding skin is left unharmed or will not get burn as laser only target selective coarse hair.
- Laser is not colour blind compare to Intense pulse light (IPL) which stands a chance of burning the surrounding skin.(especially dark skin patients)
- Wide range of unwanted hair at face, underarms, arms and legs, bikini lines and other areas can be treated with laser.
- Smaller areas can be treated quickly in less than a minute, however larger areas like back, arms and legs may take up to an hour.
What are the Preceding Procedure prior to laser?
- Shave unwanted hair 1-2 days prior to laser.
- The best hair length for laser treatment is at least few mm above the skin surface.
- Limit waxing or plucking unwanted hair 6 weeks before procedure.
- As laser will target on hair root which has been remove by waxing and plucking.
|Before and After|
During the procedure what do you expect?
Post Laser Hair Removal Care
- Like any other laser treatment, patient should avoid direct sun exposure.
- Apply adequate sunscreen and moisturizer.
|Before and after|